Ever wondered, Can u laugh over the same joke again and again?
Then why cry over the same pain again and again!
We all know that there is nothing permanent in this world except change. We must evolve, we need to grow constantly. Grow in relations, jobs, home, habits. You cannot evolve unless you are willing to change. You will never better yourself if you always cling to what was. To live life, moving on is the only way, the only solution.
‘”Some people believe in holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it”. -Ann Landers.
We should be with the people who bring out the best in us, and not the stress in us. It’s not necessary that what was good, will be good now also. As we grow, we discover our own self. Who we are, what we desire from life, maybe the lifestyle we have been living for years no longer fits. Just because something was right in the past for us, doesn’t mean it still is.
The people, the routine which we followed may not fit today’s scenario at all. You are under no obligation to be the same person you were a year, a month or even an hour ago. You have a right to grow without any guilt, without any apologies. And moving on should not be seen in love relations only where partners are involved. It should be in every sphere of life. People are in the same jobs for over 20 years. But duration should not be the sole factor to stick on. If it does not provide a sense of satisfaction to oneself one should quit for greener pastures. Move! you are not a tree.
Let me give you my own example. I had an extremely deep relation of friendship for nearly 10 long years. We both shared our happiness, our sorrows, our aspirations, our deepest secrets. The day was incomplete if we dint speak to each other or did not text each other on what’s- app. Girly stuff of buying the same bags or possessing the same clothes was common for both of us. Get-togethers for the entire group of common friends were arranged on our permutations and combinations.
And love had our own share of anger. Fights were common and resolved too. But as we grew, so did our personalities. And we both started realizing that things would not be easy as both had different thought processes and ways to see life. I was way too emotional; she was way too practical. I was ferociously loyal, she used people as per her convenience. I was, well literally very boring and she was the highlight of any social gathering. I liked to keep my circle small, and she wanted to be everyone’s best friend. Well, that was the beginning of the end of our story as friends.
Letting my friend go was not easy, but it was necessary for my own well-being and growth. Moving on was not easy for me, I generally give my heart and soul in my relationships, but was very essential as they say, “that you can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” I came to realize that the only people I needed in my life were the ones who needed me in theirs, even if I had nothing else to offer them but myself. It did trouble me, made me uncomfortable at times. But then one day I just realized that I can’t touch yesterday, so why was I letting it touch me? And that day was my walk to freedom, my moving on from my friendship.
When to know that you need to MOVE ON?
Moving on in life is essential for our own betterment. And we do get signals from the invisible forces of nature ruling us. The trick lies in to identify it. Certain indicators would be like
- Negativity rubbing on you of someone all the time,
- If the current circumstances make you truly unhappy,
- Fear holds you back from being your own self,
- You cling to your past way beyond normalcy,
- Physical and mental distance is way too evident.
Sometimes life closes doors because it’s time to move forward. And that’s a good thing because we often won’t move unless circumstances force us to. So, don’t be hard on yourself. Learn to let things and people go. If someone seriously wants to be a part of your life, they will make serious efforts to be in it. No reasons, no excuses. As the famous saying goes, “stop chasing the wrong one, the right one won’t run.”
Above we discussed the indicators for us to move on in life. Now we present certain ways which could be helpful in taking this journey:
How To Move on in Life?
- Acknowledge, accept, let go: good memories are to be cherished for a lifetime. Distances should not dampen the sweetness in the relationship that was once there. So, if things are not moving in the right direction, best is to just accept the reality and let the relationship go.
- Seek closure: recently I lost my mother. I realized that if I must lead a normal life without her presence, I need closure with her. Otherwise, I was entangling myself in the web of her thoughts. For any relation to have a healthy end, a closure is a must. Baggage must be cleared for moving on in life.
- Engage in doing things you love: it’s very important that we indulge in those activities which are of our interest, keeps us busy and deviates our attention from the concerned distraction. We must claim ownership and control of our life. Focus on our inward self will help us doing so.
- Meet new people: making new contacts relatively help a great deed in forgetting old ones. Not only circle enlargement is good, it helps us to forget the bitter past. Reduce contact with the people you want to forget. Holding a grudge against someone is letting that person live rent-free in your head.
The hardest walk you can make is alone. But it’s the walk that will make you stronger. We have tried to bring the pointers to help you in moving on in life. After all, all we want for our readers is a happy perfect life!